Establish a Well Organized Asset Inventory
PubWorks will establish an asset inventory that is well-organized, natural
and flexible. Our integrated software makes it easy to keep the inventory
current, track the work you perform and run the reports you need. Additionally
we seamlessly link your inventory with Work Orders, Service Requests, GIS
Use the GPS Data Collector to help
establish your initial inventory.
- Create Work Orders that help you
keep on top of your maintenance work load.
- Link Service Requests to asset to
help identify trouble sport.
- Integrate with GIS MapViewer to visually
depict where things are and where events have occurred.
- Create custom condition assessments
and/or depreciation schedules to assets as you see fit
- Use our comprehensive reporting system
to easily run cost and condition reports.
- Continue using the Asset Data Collector
to update already existing asset and add new ones.
PubWorks Locations and Location Features give all the power and flexibility
you need to construct a meaning and easy-to-use asset inventory.
Creating an Asset Inventory
- Develop a Comprehensive and Detailed List of all the assets (roads, street,
bridges, culverts, signs, ……) in your charge.
Establish a Hierarchy
- for example Districts, Roads, Bridges, Signs and Culverts. Now, start
filling in the details and linking your asset data in ways that are both
meaningful and natural to the way your agency goes about its business.
- You need to know what you have; its value, its current condition and its
- Your asset inventory is central to your operation. Make use of it when
it comes to work orders, service requests, GIS, job costing and GASB34.
Without a careful, well-organized approach, your asset inventory may become
impossible to manage.