Data Collector allows your sign technicians to collect placement,
attribute and condition data in the field.
- The GPS Asset Data Collector synchs
with the main PubWorks database creating or updating
sign asset records as appropriate.
- Our GIS MapViewer will automatically
create spatial data for newly inventoried signs so they can be seen
on your maps.
- Maintenance Plans are easy to establish
and our To Do List will create Work Orders to keep you ahead of the
sign maintenance curve.
- As Work Orders are completed, labor,
equipment and material costs are automatically recorded and associated
with each sign appropriately.
- This record of work refreshes your
To Do List and allows you to rest easily knowing your sign inventory
is regulation compliant and is protecting the traveling public.
How to do Sign Management?
- Your first and perhaps most obvious
step is to create a current inventory of signs.
- Place your signs realistically into
your asset hierarchy by associating them with the roads, streets, parks,
parking lots, etc... to which they belong.
- Collect custom attributes that add
definition and detail to the signs in your inventory.
- Use industry standard MUTCD codes
and images to help identify signs in a standard fashion.
- Establish regular maintenance intervals
and systematically inspect, repair and replace signs.
- Keep detailed records of work performed
and their associated costs for management, compliance and legal reasons.
Why is Sign Management so Important.
- Safety - signs are designed to protect
the traveling public.
- Compliance - the Retro Reflectivity
regulation is right around the corner.
- Visibility - signs are a very conspicuous
Public Works asset.
- Volume - even small agencies have
thousands of signs.